As Seen on KNDU
Learn how to receive one of your own 8" Gourmet Skillets!
Saladmaster 8″ Gourmet Skillet
Rainbow Cake Recipe
Cakes and quick breads may be baked on top of the stove in your Saladmaster cookware.
Saladmaster Food Processor
8” Small Skillet
Medium mixing bowl
1/6 small head of green or red cabbage,
½ medium size carrot
½ medium size stalk celery
½ sweet apple
½ medium size zucchini
2 eggs or (2T baking powder & 2T water- for vegan cake)
1 box yellow cake mix (Variations can use spice, chocolate or lemon)
Fun variations: Fruit for the bottom of pan: 3 apples (cone #3) or 2 cups fresh or frozen fruit.
- Pour 1/2 cake mixture into a mixing bowl
- Place the mixing bowl under the SM machine. Use cone #1 to shred all the vegetables & apple.
- Add 2 eggs
- Stir cake mix, veggies, eggs (vegan: substitute baking powder & water mix for eggs) in mixing bowl until moist.
- Pour mixture into the 9” small skillet, smooth the batter to even out all sides & cover.
- Place the pan on the stove, set cooking temperature at medium low heat.
- At about 5-8 minutes check the cake for doneness (be sure to quickly lift the lid and turn upside down to avoid having the moisture in the lid drip onto the cake)
- To check the cake put a toothpick or knife in cake, when it comes out clean the cake is ready.
- If cake looks too moist leave lid ajar for 3-10 mins while cooking. Check for doneness at 3-minute intervals.
- When done, remove the lid and cover the pan with large plate; Using the handles, quickly turn the pan upside down with the plate on the bottom. Lift the pan off the plate and let cool for 20 minutes.
- If desired, while the cake is still warm, break a large Hershey bar into 4 quarters and let melt on top of the cake for a smooth chocolatey treat